Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License Key storage location

Hi all,

Please can anyone tell me how the license key will be validated in our system and where license key it might be stored.

Any ideas or suggestion on this ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

It is possible to see who are all using the licenses from the server.

Just open the QlikView Server Management console, goto settings tab--> license-->QlikView Server

On the right side of the panel, you can see who are all using the Licenses with their user names and corresponding dates

Please mark the correct answer so that others can able to get the solution

Regards

Andrew Hudson.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

It depends on the operating system you are using.

Windows Vista/7 - C:\Program Data\QlikTech\QlikView

Windows XP       -  C:\Documents and Settings\ username \ Application Data\ QlikTech \ QlikView

Note that above locations are qlikview server license file locations.

For QlikView developer or Desktop client, you can always search in the installation location of qlikview.

In either of the locations, you can find the lef.txt file.the license file.

Regards

Andrew Hudson.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried what you said and i got the LEF file.

Consider that my current license Key is restricted for only 5 Users in my organization and

now can i know that how many users are currently using the same license Key in my organization and also to find which Users are using .

Is this possible ?

Please let me know if this possible.

[Note : This is very useful to me know the process]

Thanks in advance.

adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Just open the QlikView Server Management console, goto settings tab--> license-->QlikView Server

On the right side of the panel, you can see who are all using the Licenses with their user names and corresponding dates

Regards

Andrew Hudson.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply.

That's really good.

Please i had one more doubt to ask you that,

consider that currently 5 Users(A,B,C,D,E) are using same license key(MaxLKey=5), now i want to kill the process of "User A" and want to allow to use the license key by "User F".

Is it possible to do this ?

Thanks in advance.

adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Yes. It is possible.

In the same qlikview server license tab, you can find the list of users using the license.

And also you can see a remove license option on the right side of every user listing. It is X or delete icon given.

If the users are currently using the license, will be quarantined for 24 hours after the license removal.

Regards

Andrew Hudson

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Execuse for late reply.

Yes i can remove the license option for particular user manually.

Can we make remove license for particular user through "vb script" or ".net service" automatically.

Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

If I am using the local license and not the leased license then will my user names and corresponding dates will be displayed in the qlikview server management console? Please reply!

Andrew Hudson wrote:

Hi,

Regards

Andrew Hudson.