Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ActiveDocument in server

Hi all,

Will "ActiveDocument"  function will work in QlikView Server ?

I am using below macro in Desktop app here its working fine but when i used same app in server the macro is not executing.

Is there any steps to follow in server app for below macro ?

Sub ExportImageInfo
Set Chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH396")
Set P = Chart.GetProperties
Chart.SendToExcel
End Sub

Thanks in advance.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Have you enabled macro execution on the server and are you opening the application in IE using IE plugin?

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi

i enable "Macro Execution" in server, but i am using "AjaxZeroFootPrint" instead of "IE Plugin.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

In Ajax some macro operations will not work, can you please check if this same macro is working or not for IE plugin?

Not applicable
Author

hi,

how to give IE plugin instead of Ajax, bcoz when i select from dropdown list in server it is not opening the qvw files.

Is there anything to change settings in QEMC or QMC.

thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go to user documents and select your document, then in server settings tab, under accesspoint access methods check if the IE Client is selected.

Then also check if IE plugin is installed on the client system where you want to open the application.

To show plugin download link, go to system settings and thens select web server and go to accesspoint and there check on the show link for the plugin download.

To make IE plugin as default, select IE plugin as default client.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

i tried what you described. its working fine in creating bookmarks and replacing bookmarks, but it is not reloading the app.

Why it is happening ?

i tried below macro :

Sub Reload

ActiveDocument.Reload

End Sub

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This macro will not work because Reload action is not allowed from server environment.

But if still you want to give users a button to do reload then you can use EDX triggers.

Please go to this post this will help you to set it up.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/36620

and, Let me know if any issue.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Also, giving users an option to do reload is not suggested because users can keep doing reloads every then and often and since there will be multiple users then if all of them keep pushing reloads then that will not be good.

Rather, I will suggest to keep your reload interval low. So , they get updated data at regular interval.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ashutosh.

I will work on it.

Regards

Veera