Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Parent Child linking issue

The attached excel file shows the two tables to work from (Sales Order Head and Sales Order Detail) and the two report output I am looking for. Basically, the Sales Order Head table holds orders for both Quotes and Regular orders. The Sales Order Detail holds the detail line information. A field in the Sales Order Detail file will have a reference to the Quote order number if that line relates to the quote.

Can seem to generate the linking (preferably in a "Fact Table") that gives me all that I want.

Thanks for any help.

Stephen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Please find the below qvw file.

I think you ve got the solution

Regards

Andrew Hudson

View solution in original post

6 Replies
adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Please find the below qvw file.

I think you ve got the solution

Regards

Andrew Hudson

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andrew. I also finally solved it but in a different way (used right keep). I like your solution better. You took only 5 "queries/tables", I took 6.

Thanks,

Stephen

adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

It would be helpful if you could share your solution.

Just I need to see the right keep method of implementation.

It may help in sometime.

Thanks

Andrew Hudson

Not applicable
Author

See my solution attached.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

With the solution Andrew provided you flip between showing a straight table for quote order detail or a second straight table that shows regular orders depending on which type of order is selected.

I would like see both reports. Meaning, if I select quote order 3001 I want to also see a report with the detail of the regular orders that relate to quote 3001 which is regular orders 6002 and 6003 and visa versa. If I select regular order 6003 then I want to also see a report that details quote order 3000 and 3001.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,
Stephen

Not applicable
Author

One more thing to the requirement above, I need the data in one fact table as security (section access) is implemented.

Thanks,
Stephen