14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2015 10:57 AM by KristinM RSS

    Allocated Memory Exceeded - QV11

    Kent Shook

      I see a ton of questions about this error for old versions of QlikView (mainly 8.5) but I'm running QlikView 11, and running into it in a situation that should not be causing problems. It's happening on two different servers. Here's the setup:


      * Running QlikView 11 IR on both servers


      * One server is brand new, has a ridiculous number of CPU cores and tons of RAM (40 and 128GB, IIRC) and is not running anything but QlikView. The other is our in-house test server which I believe is somewhat less capable (I don't know the exact specs).


      * Working Set is set to 70% low, 90% high


      * The object where I've found this problem is a simple table box within a container.

           - The container has only 5 objects in it

           - The table box is showing 8 fields, and there are only 2,432 lines

           - The table that's in the "middle" of the fields being shown contains 2 of the fields. 4 fields are one table away, 2 fields are 2 tables away.


      * The error occurs in the Ajax client


      * The "Allocated Memory Exceeded" error is seen after clicking in the table box to make a selection.


      Any suggestions?





        • Allocated Memory Exceeded - QV11
          Karl Pover



          I've seen some buggy things in QV 11 concerning containers.  I've repeatedly had fatal errors that force me to close QV because of them.  I've been given the allocated memory exceeded when using alternate states and dimension limits so I don't know what's going on, but there are still numerous errors in QV11.  Does the table box show alright without it being in a container?


          I would report it as a bug to make sure it gets fixed in a future release.



          • Re: Allocated Memory Exceeded - QV11
            Kent Shook

            It looks like QlikTech has fixed some additional problems like this in QV11 SR2. Specifically, bug ID 46255: "Qlikview Desktop - Allocated memory exceeded with Count (Distinct) in the expression." That also hints at a workaround for those of you not planning on upgrading to SR2. Were those of you who were still having problems in SR1 using a count(distinct) in the expression?


            Also, bug ID 46892: "Allocated memory exceeded" when creating a Block Chart with 3 dimensions.


            I'm curious to see if anyone will have Allocated Memory Exceeded errors in QV11 SR2...

              • Re: Allocated Memory Exceeded - QV11
                Martin Mahler

                I have the same error popping up. In my case I am using a Pivot Table with 34 dimensions, all of them displayed only upon a certain condition.


                It works without any problems when I'm developing it, however it's differently when the document is opened on the WebServer.


                A remarkable observation is that the error is non-reproducable. Sometimes it stops calculating, other times it works fine with the same selections made.

                  • Re: Allocated Memory Exceeded - QV11

                    I have seen this error also, but in this scenario:  A container that has 2 straight tables in it.  If I launch the qv app as a user that has column reduction, one of the tables will present the error but if I make a selection then data appears as expected and all seems fine, and if I de-select that same selection, data still appears as expected.  Both charts have conditional statements that hide some columns for this user.  But if I launch the same qv app as a user that has access to see all column, both charts appear with data and the error never occurs.

                • Re: Allocated Memory Exceeded - QV11
                  Kamakshi Suram

                  I got this error when I used 3rd dimension as Calculated Dimension.  Then I removed Calculated and made it to Normal dimension which worked fine.