Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Value inside bar chart

Hi,

If have a bar chart in Qlikview which on the x axis shows months and the bars display actual sales and a bar estimated sales. I have the showing values switched off for the estimated sales. I only want to show these values if the month is in the future, this I achieved with the formula:

=If(sum({<Version = {'Actual'}>)[ExpenseAmount}, 1, 0).

This will show the value ON TOP off the bar, but I want to have the value INSIDE the bar. In presentation the box for showing values inside is checked, I also tried to change the numbers in the formula above but that didn't helped.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Paul

I attached a print screen off the chart

14 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try this: Chart Properties > Presentation > Check 'Plot Values Inside Segments'.

Works for me.

All the best,

Matt - Visual Analytlcs Ltd

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

use below property

chart properties-> expression -> value on data point-> presentation -> check verticle and

also check Plot values inside Segments

hope this help

Sunil Chauhan
pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

The Plot values inside segments box is already checked. But somehow with the expression attached to the showing value this doesn't work, therefor I was looking for other ideas.

O11235
Contributor III
Contributor III

The Verticle box function seems to be disabled when you use a grouped bar chart. If you've selected a grouped  bar chart  look or similar under 'Chart Properties -> Style -> Look'. You need to consider one of the other options and then go to Chart Properties->Presentation->Values on Data Points and select the Verticle check box. This of course after activating Values on Data Points under Expressions in the Chart properties.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Paul,

Please see below:

Go to Presentation tab->enable Plot Values Inside Segments and you will get value like in image below.

Thanks,

AS

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

I had the same problem of the value not showing even though the box was ticked.

It seemed to only show when the expression for which I wanted the value to show, was promoted to the top of the list of expressions (so it is the first one).

Not sure if this is a bug, but it worked for me. Good luck.

Not applicable

Hi,

Try this,

• Chart Properties
    • Expressions Tab > in Display Options Section > Check Values on Data Points - so that the values are displayed
    • to have the values inside the bar Horizontally : Presentation tab > Under Values on Data Points Section > Check Plot Values inside Segments and set Max Values Shown as 100.
    • To have the values inside the bar Vertically : Presentation tab > Under Values on Data Points Section > Check Plot Values inside Segments & Vertical and set Max Values Shown as 100.

This will work now

Regards,

Aswinkumar B

Not applicable

good tip thanks sir!

Not applicable

Hi,

I have done the small example in that you can see I take dimension as Country and Expression as Sum of sales.

You can show the values on the bar chart as well as the inside the bar chart.

Please find the attached screen shot for your referenceBarChart.JPGBArChartInside.JPG

Regards,

Yogesh J