Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie Chart - same color for value/field, also when order changes

I have a Pie Chart with one Dimension (Department) and I want to set a specific color for each department. i.e   Opex = brown, Z + R = blue, Part M = green ...

Pie Chart.bmp

If the order changes (i.e. Z + R is 2nd or 3rd) then the department should still have the same color, Opex = red, Z + R = green, Part M = blue ...,

How can I define individual color for eych value of the dimension used in the Pie Chart, even if a value is numer 1 oder number 7?

Edit:

Here is another example. I have cities and the colors change when I  select different times. But I need the same color for the same city, even when the city is first or last.

thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Open, Expression box and set the colors based on dimension values in the background color.

BackgroundColor.PNG

Enhancing this feature, you can have the colors RGB/brown,red,etc in data model and call them here.

say Dept,DeptColor; your expression would be =DeptColor

Kiran.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just check the "persistent color" checbox on color properties.  Colors will be stable, at least until next reload.

Not applicable
Author

Open, Expression box and set the colors based on dimension values in the background color.

BackgroundColor.PNG

Enhancing this feature, you can have the colors RGB/brown,red,etc in data model and call them here.

say Dept,DeptColor; your expression would be =DeptColor

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, thats the solution. The only thing now is, I have a if-statement with 7 stages

=if(city='Hamburg',rgb(10,110,100),if(city='Rostock',rgb(210,220,200),if(city='München',rgb(30,230,200),if(city='Berlin',rgb(40,40,100),if(city='Köln',rgb(50,50,500),if(city='Leipzig',rgb(60,60,100), if(city='New York',rgb(70,20,200))))))))

Is there a better way?

Not applicable
Author

You could place this if statment in your script and then just place the field in the Backround expression box

Not applicable
Author

In your script add a inline load of

city,CityColor

Hambur,rgb(10,110,100)

Rostock,rgb(210,220,200) etc...

In the formula have it as =CityColor

This should be lite on your expression and easily mainainable.

Kiran.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If all you need is a consistency of colors, my suggestion about the checkbox is more than enough.

Hardcoding colors in the script is relaible, but it makes sense only if you need more than simple consistency, e.g. the same colors for the same Cities all the time - but in this case you have to ensure that the list of cities is static, no new values.  If the list of cities may change, there will be more complications that I consider unnecessary.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, thats what I need, the same color for the same city all the time, even if they change their order.

Not applicable
Author

Pie Chart.bmpHi Kiran,

when I add the color into the table then my Pie Chart is all black. Do you have a suggestion? I tried both, 1) adding the color into the inline table and 2) creating a new table with the color.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I think QV doesn't recognize a value = RGB(  10,100, 200). Why I don't know.

But if you create 3 fields corresponding of the 3 colors, it works with the formula  RGB(  R , V , B) in background color

color:

LOAD * INLINE [

R,V,B, city

10,110,100, Hamburg

210,220,200, Rostock

30,230,200, München

40,40,100, Berlin

50,50,200, Köln

60,60,100, Leipzig

100,100,200', New York

];

JJ