Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Another Google Maps Extension

UPDATE 2013-03-23

It's great to see the support from the community around mapping! This thread has been great to follow and lots of fun contributions has been added.

It has however become quite crowded with different versions being discussed and it's hard to find any useful information anymore.

So I have decided to kill off this thread and at the same time I have updated the extensions and split them into 3 parts with each extension having it's own thread.

Hopefully this will make it a bit easier to find information, ask questions and share new implementions of the extension between each other.

Google Maps - Cluster

http://community.qlik.com/message/325640

Google Maps - Marker

http://community.qlik.com/message/325641

Google Maps - Heatmap (New!)

http://community.qlik.com/message/325642

If there is interest for a more collaborative development let me know and I will host the extensions up on Git.

Message was edited by: Alexander Karlsson

154 Replies
Not applicable

Well done Alexander !

Maybe you should put your example in the share qv section

regards

JJ

Not applicable

Just a question to understand well.

How can I center and zoom the map on my selection ?

Can I  Use the variables var_mid_Lat, var_mid_Long, var_zoom directly in the javascript file ? and how ?

Thanks

JJ

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

The QV script that has been floating around for static map integrations is not used for this extension.

I have not exposed those settings in the properties dialog but if you open up the script.js file you can modify this line to define your map center:

var center = new google.maps.LatLng(59.315605, 17.951835);

A few lines below you can also fine tune the intial zoom level if you like. Or specify a different map if you like, I went with a roadmap but you could tweak it to show a satelite map if you like.

Another tweak that you might want to do is to tweak the grid size that determains when the pins should be "grouped" or not.

Change the line, var mcOptions = {gridSize: 30, maxZoom: 15};, to suit your needs.

I have also included a sample function to build your own marker text. Now it shows the number of items in the cluster, but you might want it to show for example average sale size in the cluster and so forth.

For this specific client we built a function so they could switch between different metrics on the markers, for example average sale, number of customers and so forth.

And sorry for the leangthy answer

Not applicable

Thanks Alex for your answers.

I have seen the script  in js file.

My question was  to  know if it's possible to replace lat/long in the formula :

var center = new google.maps.LatLng(59.315605, 17.951835);

with  coordinates calculated from your selection, ie, the 2 variables var_mid_Lat(Long)  which are calculated in QV.

Same question with the zoom.

Regards and thanks again for your effort

JJ

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Valid point since I redraw the map for each data update, probably should not do that

And no, I am not sure. The only way I have found to reference a variable is through a input box so far.

Anyone else has any insights on this?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Updated orginal post and version of the extension. Please update any old versions floating around out there.

Not applicable

Hello,

How I can put a description in the location?  In your example, you load lat,lng and Desc, but how can I show a Desc?

Thanks,

Alessandro Furtado

Not applicable

Hot stuff

sukydhak
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Alex

This looks cool. If I select the data in the list object the values change as expected but does not work if i select the pointers from within the map.

Is that possible?

Suky