Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Question mark in list box

Hi,

I am getting multiple question marks in a list box. Where I am supposed to get only one even if I have '?' as a value in the source data.

Question mark.JPG

my Source is SAP BW. As I am getting '?' in the data this affects all my charts where I am using this particular Field

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

Thanks

Shemeel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

John

Good explanation!

I could just as easily have also added Text() to the second table to solve the problem. This is in fact what I landed up doing eventually.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Shemeel

I encountered a similar issue today. The problem was that the field was a key field, loaded in one table as:

LOAD

Text(ISC) AS ISC_Code,

and in the other table as

LOAD

ISCCode AS ISC_Code

Removing the Text wrapper in the first eliminated the problem.

The interesting thing about those question marks - you could select the value "hidden" by the question mark by clicking on it and each question mark corresponded to a different "hidden" value.

Hope this helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I've seen similar if I do a load like this:

LOAD fieldvalue('SomeField',recno()) as SomeField
AUTOGENERATE fieldvaluecount('SomeField');

It seems in this case that QlikView isn't sure what sort of formatting to apply by default, and ends up applying NO formatting sometimes, resulting in the question marks.  Or maybe it's applying different formatting in different tables.  In this case, explicitly telling it a format was the solution, kind of the opposite of Jonathan's case.  In both cases, though, the problem seems to be confusion in the product about what format to use.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

John

Good explanation!

I could just as easily have also added Text() to the second table to solve the problem. This is in fact what I landed up doing eventually.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi All ,

I am also facing the same problem in my List Box  . When i open the same Fields individually by commenting other tables i am getting the Fine data with  " no Question mark "  . But when i combine all those tables into one ,i find the Question mark in one of my Key field in list box and in preview . I have not used anything like ' Text '  as was there before and it was normal.

Please suggest me what was the problem and what can be done to filter them ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I added text() on both the tables for the field and the issue is resolved