Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craz123
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView into QlikServer formula problem?

Hi all,

Having some trouble with this formula:

=count(DISTINCT[Reference Number])

It works when I work on it in my localized version on my desktop.

Once I publish into QlikServer only this formula does not work... just shows a '-'.

Anyone have any insights to it? All my other graphs, data work fine just that this pesky one...

Appreciate any thoughts / comments / advice. Thanks!

20 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Chris,

Try giving space between distinct and field name.

=count(DISTINCT [Reference Number])

else do you have any triggers set on the dashboard ? try opening the dashboard in both Ajax and plugin version and see the difference.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
craz123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the response.

Publishing is done by another team within my org, I will check with them.

On my end besides adding a space between distinct and [attribute] anything else I can possibly do to debug it?

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

May be you can turn on web view and see if you find any difference. Not sure if it will be helpful.

Since your expression should work if you have space between distinct and field name.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

Else try with

=count(DISTINCT( [Reference Number]))

check with web view

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hi Chris, For me indicating as "Wrong Application placed". Can you check if there are any versions in your Production?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

The Set Analysis seems fine to me. Could it be done data being different on your machine and production?

I.e. Different Qvds?

Mark

craz123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

webview works perfect when I turn the mode on.

Just that once it goes it production / live URL - it just puts a "-" and it auto bolds...

have tried the Formula changes extra bracket, space etc.. Works fine in local.. but no in server. That's the part im having trouble with debugging

craz123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Data source / Data file is the same. So that's one off the list.. 😕

craz123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Anil,

What do you mean?

Each time we replace the version we override the existing with the new one. Do you mean that?