Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmueller
Contributor III
Contributor III

Migrating 2008 to 2012R2 - Is Re-Install necessary?

I know there are dozens of posts...2008-2012, what I didn't see specifically in any of them...

Is it necessary to 'Re-install' Qlikview (server, publisher...etc) after migrating the OS from 2008 to 2012R2?

Ron

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

No, if there are no changes to the server name and if you are not using certificates.

But taking a look that all the shared folders remain and that the account running the services keeps all permissions, etc. it is worth looking.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MarcoWedel

How do you migrate the OS?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

No, if there are no changes to the server name and if you are not using certificates.

But taking a look that all the shared folders remain and that the account running the services keeps all permissions, etc. it is worth looking.

rmueller
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry, you must have misunderstood, I'm upgrading the OS from 2008 to 2012R2 on a server that has Qlikview installed.  Want to know if I have to re-install Qlikview once the upgrade is complete.

rmueller
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Cool...I didn't think it was going to be a big deal.

thanks for the heads up

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Ron,

I would think so. However, you need to check the system requirements for the release you are on and see it the OS is supported.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.