cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpressey
Creator
Creator

Bookmark Names & IDs

What is the easiest way to view Bookmark IDs and their names?

15 Replies
Nicole-Smith

From Developer, Bookmarks > More:

Untitled.png

mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

If a user creates a bookmark on AccessPoint, does it show up under User Bookmarks?

Thanks

Nicole-Smith

No.

You can see them on the server if you go to Repository > Bookmarks > Show all items (but it will only show ones that users have shared with you):

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Here is some more information about bookmark types:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Client/Content/Bookmark_types.htm

mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm trying to retrace an end user's selections using Audit logs. The server bookmark IDs don't match any IDs in the document, the repository or the QMC. It looks like I will not be able to identify the selections associated with the server bookmarks.

Nicole-Smith

I'm not sure how you would do that as I've never messed around with those logs.  Maybe someone else on the community can chime in...

CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Mike,

You can try reading the shared file as xml, that will give you all metadata details, not only objects. It will include bookmarks details as well.

Hope that helps,

Carlos M

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you want the field values associated with the user bookmarks, you can load them using the QvServerObjectConnector available in the QlikView Power Tools.  This connector only works with .shared files, it does not work with the new .tshared files.

-Rob

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Carlos,

Is there a way to get xml from the shared files?

-Rob

CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Rob,

Yes, it is. I get the xmls using Power tools.

Regards,

Carlos