Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cattaneoc
Contributor II
Contributor II

Variable Management to obtain a What if

I have to put together a project where changing 'Variables' can be modifying values (for example in Simple Tables) to have an what if operative system.

My problem starts because Variables apply to database conditions (if).

I attach a very basic example with the explanation to make it clearer.

In the same happens that, with the formula that I created, it only works if all the fields are in the "Simple Table" but if I start to remove dimensions the formula does not work well anymore.

An alternative solution would be to create a "new" base (virtual without running the scrip) based on the Variables but I do not know if it can be done, if it exists, or there is surely a simpler solution!

Thank you very much

Carlos A. Cattaneo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi

in your case you must use aggr function , because if function is working by table row , so when Zona or Combustible

aren't part of the table they aren't conisdered for the calculation

using aggr function you basically create a virtual table for the calculation that adds the desired dimension to the table

have a look at the attach example

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi

in your case you must use aggr function , because if function is working by table row , so when Zona or Combustible

aren't part of the table they aren't conisdered for the calculation

using aggr function you basically create a virtual table for the calculation that adds the desired dimension to the table

have a look at the attach example

cattaneoc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

works correctly!!

thank you very much!

Carlos