cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwfiv327
Contributor II
Contributor II

Straight Table Font Change

I have a straight table for which I want to do some special formatting.  One column has a date value.  If it is blank, I want the rest of the row to have a different background color and to be larger.  I can get the color changed by going to Expressions or Dimensions tab, expanding the + in front of the expression or dimension and entering =if(ResDate=' ',Green()) in the Background Color dialog. 

What function or value to I put in the Text Format dialog to change the font size?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can use these

//Expression Attributes text format

'<B>' =BOLD

'<I>' =ITALIC

'<H1>' =Bigger Font

'<H6>' =Smaller Font

dwfiv327
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

<B> works but <H1> does not.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hmm, I can remember it working sometime, this came from my notes I keep. Now, I can't get it to work either and a search came up empty, sorry

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

According to the help

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Straight_Table.htm

only <B>, <I> and <U> are available.

-Rob

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

As far as I remember the '<H1>' only works for values on datapoints in line/bar chart.

If you need to increase the font you will have to use custom format cell:

View --> Design Grid then right click on the straight table and then there is the option custom format cell available.

dwfiv327
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Tried View-->Design Grid and it behaves weirdly.  When I select the cell I want to format, it formats every other row to match!  (So one big, one small, one big, one small and so on.)  I want to conditionally format any cell that meets a certain criteria. 

Thanks for pointing out Design Grid anyway.  I didn't even know that function existed!

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

with custom format cell you can only apply the format either to dimension or to expression or to dimension and expression!

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ah that was it, couldn't remember

TextFormat_H1.png