Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
byrnel0586
Creator
Creator

Conditional Show for Alternate State Expressions

Hi all,

I have a pivot table that is showing values based on 3 alternate state groups. However, I do not want to show Group2 and 3's values in Group1's column, or Group1 and 3's values in Group2's column, etc. I've been playing with conditional shows with if(match(GetCurrentSelections()), but can't seem to get it right. You can see the table screenshot below.

Any help is appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It's not possible in this way - if there is any result for an expression they will be displayed for each dimension-value even if they are mostly NULL's.

This means you could try it with removing PCP_ID as dimension and include them as set analysis condition into the expression - but it needs more efforts to build the expressions and the layout of the object may also not so nice like you want. Therefore I suggest to consider if this kind of visualization is really helpful for you and your users.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not possible in this way - if there is any result for an expression they will be displayed for each dimension-value even if they are mostly NULL's.

This means you could try it with removing PCP_ID as dimension and include them as set analysis condition into the expression - but it needs more efforts to build the expressions and the layout of the object may also not so nice like you want. Therefore I suggest to consider if this kind of visualization is really helpful for you and your users.

- Marcus

byrnel0586
Creator
Creator
Author

It appears you are right. I removed the PCP_ID as dimension and created a label for the expression that will pull in the PCP_ID based on selection as the header. That should work for my needs. Thanks for helping me think in a different way