Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhudinesh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Drag and Drop Option not working in a straight table

Hi All,

I have a Straight table with 500+ Dimensions and set of Measures

We use Drag and Drop functionality to Dimensions to create specific set of adhoc reports

Please find the issue faced and analysis performed:

1. The Drag and Drop functionality works for a specific set of fields at the beginning of the table.
  2. Selecting Measures followed by selection of Dimensions results in Dimensions being positioned after the Measures
  3. We selected all Dimensions and Measures from list box to display in a table and noticed that 2 Measures are positioned between Dimensions while other Measures are positioned at the end of Dimensions
  4. Tried moving the 2 Measures to the end of the table but the Measures are moving to the initial position (i.e 10th position) after reaching 256th position.
  5. While deleting the problematic Measures (1 or 2), the 3rd Measure takes the place of the 1st or 2nd Measure between the Dimensions
  6. The Dimensions after the position 256 also doesn’t support Drag and Drop
  7. Tried deleting and recreating Measures but the same issue is experienced even with no hidden measures

Please find the options enabled and tested but still issue persists

1. Drag and Drop is enabled in Presentation tab
  2. Removed the Allow interactive sort and sort option enabled for each Dimension and Measures in Sort Tab

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Your table might be corrupt (it's rather seldom but sometimes it happens) or you faced a bug (within releases of QV 11 there were definitely a bug within the tables by more than approximately 40 columns - I don't know in which releases or if it was ever fixed).

Beside this I think that more as 500 dimensions + multiple measures are not really sensible and I'm not surprised that it didn't work stably (you mentioned yourself that there is at least any restriction by 256th column - maybe there are some more because the objects were not designed for this).

I suggest to limit the max. number of dimensions and measures to maybe 20 - and I mean not just limiting the possible number of selected values else that really not more dim/exp columns are created within the object.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed too that sometimes drag and drop in a straight table doesnot work correct.

I try to avoid to mix Dimension and expressions in the table especially when you add or remove column out of a selection box.

If the order cannot be changed I use a macro to reorder the table (happens once in a year)

you only need to change the object id, then create a button with run macro and the table is reordered again

The macro is not written by me (sorry for the guy who wrote it, I donot remember)

Sub ReorderChart

' This Sub may be used, when the order of charts/tables cannot be changed manually
' this is a bug within Qlikview
' running this macro once reorders the charts
' after running, the macro may be deleted
' ToDo:
' copy the macro into macroeditor
' change the objectid CH158 to the objectid of the object which you want to reorder
' create a buttonobject and define action "run macro ReorderChart
' press button and execute macro
' check if chart is in correct order
' delete buttonobject and delete sub within macroeditor
' save your application
'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sub ReorderChart

set chart = ActiveDocument.getsheetobject("CH158") ' <-------- change here to your object id
set cp = chart.GetProperties

'get the current sort order

d = cp.TableProperties.DisplayOrder
'msgbox(d)

for i = lbound(d) to ubound(d)
'msgbox d(i) 'for testpurpose only
next

cp.TableProperties.DisplayOrder = 1
chart.setproperties cp

'get the new sort order
d = cp.TableProperties.DisplayOrder

for i = lbound(d) to ubound(d)
'msgbox d(i)
next

end sub

madhudinesh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

We have developed the application with QV 12.

To add to the issue, we have restricted the max number of fields to be displayed to 152.

The reports would be created with 5 to 10 fields also. So, if we select 5 to 10 fields in position of 1,2,4,6,300,350 (as per the ordering of Dimensions), the Drag and Drop is still not working

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is an adhoc table that uses conditional logic to build/show Dimensions and Expressions?  If so, these issues are probably related to the logic you are using.  Can you post a qvw?

-Rob

TS60
Contributor II
Contributor II

This solution does not work for me.