cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrellbutler
Creator
Creator

Connecting to a MS Access Database

Hi, I'm having problems connecting to an Access Database. I'm running on a Windows7 64 bit machine the access database is 2003. In the edit script box, I select ODBC > Connect and would expect to see the option to select a MS Access Database Data Source - this doesn't appear. Therefore I went into control panel / data sources (ODBC) and created a user DSN to allow me to see the database. However when choosing this DSN to see the underlying tables I get the message "The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and the application" Has anybody got any experience in overcoming this issue ? Many thanks Darrell.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kji
Employee
Employee

If you are running Qlikview 64 bit, it will default to using 64 bit ODBC drivers of which i don't think there are any for MS Access. If you are using QV 10 there is an option "Force 32 Bit" when connecting to databases which should be used. For older versions im afraid you would have to use a 32bit version of Qlikview.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

If you are running Qlikview 64 bit, it will default to using 64 bit ODBC drivers of which i don't think there are any for MS Access. If you are using QV 10 there is an option "Force 32 Bit" when connecting to databases which should be used. For older versions im afraid you would have to use a 32bit version of Qlikview.

darrellbutler
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Johan - this works!