cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QMC Reload Issue

Hello,

Been a while since I've asked a question here but I've searched and searched and cannot seem to find an answer.

My company has been migrating files to new drive locations and the latest migration is causing issues when reloading tasks using the Management Console.

I can reload the QVW with no issue using the QV desktop software, however when the Management Console runs the reload task, the job fails.

The only change made was the location of some of the files.

Does the new drive location need to allow the Management Console to access?  If so, how do you set that?

Thanks for any possible help.

Kevin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There's a windows user defined either as a local user or in your Active Directory that is used to run the service. That user needs the access rights. But Z: looks like a mapped network drive. A service account cannot access such a drive, but needs the UNC path. See Services and Redirected Drives | Microsoft Docs.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Does the service account that's used for the Qlikview Distribution service have the necessary file read and write permissions for the new locations?

Are the new locations windows shares that are mapped to drive names? If so, try the UNC paths instead of the mapped drive names.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for responding!

Does the service account that's used for the Qlikview Distribution service have the necessary file read and write permissions for the new locations?  -  I think this might be the issue. How do you give the QV Distribution Service the necessary drive access? 

This is the error from the log:

Reload Executed By HxxxxxxxS\sa_us_qlik

8/7/2018 13:53:34.4896517 Information       8/7/2018 1:53:33 PM:       Error: Cannot open file 'Z:\USA\Delivery\*' The system cannot find the path specified.

8/7/2018 13:53:34.4966497 Information       8/7/2018 1:53:33 PM:       General Script Error

8/7/2018 13:53:34.5046500 Information       8/7/2018 1:53:33 PM:       Execution Failed

8/7/2018 13:53:34.5126503 Information       8/7/2018 1:53:33 PM:      Execution finished.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

There's a windows user defined either as a local user or in your Active Directory that is used to run the service. That user needs the access rights. But Z: looks like a mapped network drive. A service account cannot access such a drive, but needs the UNC path. See Services and Redirected Drives | Microsoft Docs.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

The switch to the UNC path did the trick.