Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove QlikView dashboard from Access Points

May I know if by unchecking the 2 boxes to remove the qlikview dashboard from Access Points, will my scheduled tasks run as per normal?

7 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Nope it wont. Those two checks are for Client access to the dashboards in Access Point. It will not remove QV dashboards from Access Points.

balabhaskarqlik

You can do this in Root folder, select the required app, copy & paste into another path.

jasm0007
Contributor
Contributor

Sry, let me rephrased my question. I need to remove the access for clients as I am planning for a decommission of QlikView dashboard. However, I want to keep my scheduled tasks running as per normal in case clients want to activate the dashboard again.

jasm0007
Contributor
Contributor

hence, would it be ok if i just unchecked the 2 checkbox?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Why don't you just remove those users from the dashboard distribution list. So that they wont be seeing in Access Point in the next refresh. However, you can leave your task trigger as is so that it will reload as scheduled but will not distribute to users. 

jasm0007
Contributor
Contributor

how about those named cal (developer) licenses? Once removed them from the email distribution list, they will not be able to see from the Access Point right on the next refresh?

For fully decommission of the dashboard, can help to see if my steps are correct?

1) Stop and remove scheduled tasks

2) Remove files and folders

3) Remove email distribution list

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Yes.