Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanpotter
Contributor II
Contributor II

Exporting to Excel - Total Rows Showing as Dashes

Hi all.

I'm looking for some help. Some of our users are experiencing an issue where by when they export a pivot table, the total rows for collapsible columns show as dashes instead of the format that is applied in QlikView. Please see the examples attached.

This is happening to random users who have Internet Explorer 11 installed, QV Plugin November 17 SR1 and with a mixture of MS2010 and 2013. It is also happening on our developing server. However, my own work computer is the same as above and is exporting fine.

I have tried the following:

Exported without the plugin (Ajax Client)

Exported within Chrome.

Uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled the plugin.

Cleared IE cache and cookies.

Removed last document state.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
seanpotter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This issue has been fixed by installing the QV plugin, SR6, released last week.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Have you manually edited the files? The one with the dashes not only shows the dashes but also loses color of the background, is this happening to the users as well?

Also, is there section access on the file and also, do all users have the same regional settings in their computers?

How do you remove the dash in the QlikView app (e.g.: using Dimensionality() or chart properties, If(), etc.)?

seanpotter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Miguel,

No manual editing done to either files. They are both exported directly from QlikView. The one with dashes and losing the background colour is also what some users are experiencing. The one with blank cells but yellow background is what myself and most other users are getting.

No section access on this particular application. And this appears to affect all pivot tables across many applications for users.

We do not get dashes/remove dashes in the QlikView app. They are total rows in a pivot table that are generated by clicking the "Show Partial Sums" option under the "Presentation" tab in the chart properties.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Assuming the QVW is the same, which are the differences between users: browser, version of Office (Excel in particular), OS, .NET version? Trying to see if there is any consistency to reproduce this behavior so you can send it over Qlik Support.

seanpotter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Browser: Internet Explorer 11 (11.0.9600.19035)

Office: Affecting users on both MS2010 and MS2013

OS: All users are on Windows 7, but also effecting the server which is Windows Server 2012 R2

.NET: Should be the same across all users as part of the company standard computer build/rollout

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

So it's completely random, I click now and export OK, I click in 2 hours and I get the dashes and maybe some formatting changes also (like the removed background).

I would raise this with Qlik Support.

seanpotter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hmmm only random in terms of which users it effects. I.e. Most users never get this issue whereas the users that do get this issue, always get it when exporting, not at random times.

seanpotter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This issue has been fixed by installing the QV plugin, SR6, released last week.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Was it an known issue in the software? Or that the versions server-client were different?

seanpotter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I'm not sure if I'm honest. I went to turn on ExtendedErrorLoggingMode but it would not generate a log file, which was a known issue with earlier SR releases.

It was at this point that I realised that were still on the NOV17 SR1 release of the plugin so I upgraded to SR6 which generated a log file and fixed the issue.