Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open URL on Activating Sheet (Not Button or Macro)

Hi,

Is there a way to open a URL or Activate Qlikview Document on navigating/activating a sheet rather than on clicking a button.

Reason I need this: We've been using dropdown extension menu object and I can't recreate navigation using buttons that will show dropdown options on hover (unless there are suggestions). Macros aren't allowed due to security.

I'll appreciate any answers to this as I've been stuck since a while. Happy to provide more info.

Thanks!

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe this is helpful to navigate to the right sheet: AJAX and URL parameters.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus - thanks for your response, but my question refers to navigating to a QlikView document using URL using "Activate Sheet" or similar functionality that doesn't involve using buttons, and not about how to achieve document chaining using URL which your referred post explains.

marcus_sommer

In general you could specify a certain sheet within the url - it's described in the above link and by opening another application it worked. I don't know if the logic could be adapted to work within a single application but it might be worth a try.

Further did you look for the capabilities of actions? AFAIK there is no potential risk like with macros.

- Marcus

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As far as I have experienced, the OnActivateSheet actions are only triggered if you leave the tab row visible. You may want to test if this works in your application in case you need or want to hide the tab row.

I reported this as a bug in QlikView 11.20, was not fixed because it was close to EOL, but the behavior persists in 12.10 and 12.20.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel - thanks for your response.

My dashboard uses the dropdown extension menu (which requires to have Tabrow ON) and my OnActivateSheet triggers work without any issue. I am using QlikView version 12.10.20400.

Having said that, my question still remains - if there's a way to direct user to a URL on activating sheet and without clicking any buttons.

Thanks,

Aashil

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That action does not exist for page/sheet/tab triggers. If all users use QlikView Desktop or Plugin to open the document, you can use a macro, otherwise no, it is not possible, unless you create an extension for that, that detects where the mouse is and then open the URL.

You could change a variable or select on a field when activating the sheet, and use this OnChange to trigger another action to open a URL, but these actions do not exist for such triggers, either.