Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yaminisarraf
Contributor II
Contributor II

'Open Qlikview Document' button Action on Access point not working

Hi ,

In my application we are using 'Open Qlikview Document' action text object and redirect to another QVW document using 'Transfer State option' & ''Open in same window'.

Just to keep in mind this trigger action won't work in IE plugins that happens same in my application also but when I open AJAX Client (Chrome or else) the document is blank and I had to click on browser back button to go to previous document application.

Please drop your comments if you have any idea about this.

Thanks,

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Are you using the QVW name, that is, are both source and target QVWs in the same folder? We are using text objects to browse from one app to another in Chrome and it works just fine.

yaminisarraf
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

‌Yes we are using QVW name and both source and target files are in same folder.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Does it happen in the server using Chrome as well?

yaminisarraf
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yes in chrome also.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Then it looks like a security setting messing up somewhere in that environment. I'm using Chrome and I'm sure many other Qlikkers here and they don't have any issues with opening documents within documents.

You will need your IT involved in troubleshooting the issue.

zozo1992
Contributor II
Contributor II

Remove the 'Transfer State' option and try again. This should fix your problem. I think there is a bug where if the other QlikView document does not have the same fields it will not even open it. As the transfer state cannot be done without the same fields.

Regards,
Zozo
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!
Your version is not specified... This might also a bug that affected early versions of 12.10: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000032025

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.