Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik sense certificates

Hi,

I was getting error:500 after restoring backup to a machine with different hostname. I followed the procedure below to remove the certificates. But no certificates were created after doing the steps. Please help me how to proceed.

"Here is the process to find and possibly recreate the certificates if you need to -

1. Stop Qlik Sense Repository Service (this will also stop the other services)
  2. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )
  3. Add snap-in for Certificates: My user account and Local Computer account
  4. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA
  5. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient
  6. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.
  7. Start Qlik Sense Repository Service and verify it created the new certificates
  8. Start the rest of the services

There's no need to do a full reinstall to propagate new certificates. They are being created by the Repository Service automatically if missing."

mto

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

I was able to recreate certificates by following the procedure below.

Sense doesn't install certificates

View solution in original post

1 Reply
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

I was able to recreate certificates by following the procedure below.

Sense doesn't install certificates