Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III

Email Alerts through Qlikview application

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade to 12 and installed it in the test environment and applied test license. while trying to send email notifications from the qlikview application (tools->alerts) through QEMC after refresh it fails to send email alert.

but the send test email to from QEMC is able to send the email. I am just wondering if this Is the problem with the test licence or am I missing something.

your suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

I have never tried to send alert email through the Qlikview document, what i do is this in QMC

Capture.JPG

Father/Husband/BI Developer
lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Dimitrios,

Thanks for reply. I am trying to use the existing feature in Qlikview which is Alerts (Tools -> Alerts) not the email alert when qlikview document fails to reload. .

Kind Regards

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

Have you created your alert with the Alert Wizard?

I guess that you should identify in which step of the process the workflow fails...

Check if the trigger event is met, check if the submission of the email is done correctly...

I believe that you should also check if the user that sends the alert email has the proper rights to send mails...

lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Dimitrios,

Yes I checked and it satisfies all the conditions as you mentioned above

Kind Regards

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

Can you upload a version of your app to have a look?

You can leave only the fields necessary for your alert and you can scramble your data so no sensitive information is exposed.

Capture.JPG

Lesny_Eva
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Did you ever find what caused it?

I have exactly the same error. Sending it locally works fine, as does sending that test email via the qmc.