Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ernestotomacruz
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to install QlikView Server 11.2 to use IIS 8.0 (Windows 2012 R2)

I am setting up QlikView Server 11.2 SR15 to use IIS in my Windows 2012 R2 machine. I have set up the IIS prerequisites and have created a static website that is accesible through URL http://<server name>/. However, when I am in the IIS Website dialog of the QlikView Server installer (after selecting the option "Full Installation, Single Machine with IIS") the "Select Website" dropdown box is empty or does not contain the website that I created as well as the Default Web Site so the QV Server installation stops here because I cannot get any website selected. The QV Server installer apparently does not detect any website created in the machine. I tried running an installer of another software that could check for websites installed in the machine and it can detect the created website. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

First thing to check is that the account running the installer has permissions to see the site, or that it is member of the local admin group.

Another try is to select individual components, starting by the Setting service and see whether or not you can select the site where you want to install QlikView. You can add web servers then in the QMC. It's not the nicest way but at least you know it's not a permissions issue.

Also, that QlikView installs normally even without selecting IIS (starting the web service will throw an error, which is expected).

If all the above fails, you should contact Qlik Support to troubleshoot your specific environment. However, QlikView 11.20 is no longer supported unless you have an extended maintenance agreement.