Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thewillemzelluf
Creator
Creator

changing dimensions

Hello everyone,

I have a question about dimensions that change. The fact is that when an order is received it is placed in the order table. When this order is finally sold (turnover), the amount in the order table goes to 0 and in the sales table to the order quantity. The number + amount therefore jumps from order.table to turnover.table.

However, this means that I can not see what was in the order table last year because it is now in the revenue table. Does anyone have any idea how I can store it so that I can still find out?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

Hi,

See SCD-2 in google.

You have to implement to track changes in table. You can implement it in either dataware house or in QVD

IN QVD not recommended because size of qvd will start getting increase day by day.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I would suggest you look at storing your orders in a QVD and break your load up into an incremental load.

INSERT

UPDATE

DELETE

That way you can check for orders being zeroed out and exclude from the UPDATE.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

PrashantSangle

Hi,

See SCD-2 in google.

You have to implement to track changes in table. You can implement it in either dataware house or in QVD

IN QVD not recommended because size of qvd will start getting increase day by day.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂