Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajtechnocraft
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview batch job integration with autosys job scheduler tool

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know how  can  we integrate autosys job scheduler tool with Qlikview batch file to refresh the data in Qlikview application(.qvw)

If any person has already used this environment then i request you to please share the steps of integration

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Arvind.

2 Replies
Not applicable

We use a slightly-customized version of this VBScript script to trigger a QlikView Publisher task by name: http://tinyurl.com/3dushr8.  The script invokes a web service named RequestEDX.  Works well.  I think it was written by someone at QlikTech.  It's more straightforward than some of the VB.NET solutions I've seen floating around.

One possible limitation is that if you're using QlikView Server to reload, and not Publisher, a task can be "triggered" (QlikView's word for running the task) by only *one* event, which can be an EDX request, a schedule *or* QVW dependency.   I suppose you could create duplicate tasks to work around this.

rajtechnocraft
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can anyone help me on this.

Just wanted to know how  can  we integrate autosys job scheduler tool with Qlikview batch file to refresh the data in Qlikview application(.qvw)

If any person has already used this environment then i request you to please share the steps of integration

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Arvind.