Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III

Show only relevant apps in access point based on the user

Hi All,

I have around 10 apps which are available in Qlikview access point. when  a user open the access point he can see all the apps even though he don't have access to it.

How to change this behavior. A person who is having named CAL license can see all the documents if i am not wrong. Can we restrict the named CAL user also to specific apps.

I don't have publisher license and using Qlikview version 11.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Regards,

Viresh

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Viresh,

There are two way of security in Qlikview.

1. If your server is small business edition server, then the security mode is NTFS, which means you can control who can see which application using the windows security attached with each QVW file. (For this you just right click on QVW file from root or mounted folder, and go to security tab and add or remove the users who should have access to this app. Make sure that you remove the default user group.)

2. If your server is Enterprise edition then also default security is NTFS but you also get DMS mode which means that you can control who can see which application with in QMC under user document tab.

You will know which security is applied from QMC -> System -> Setup -> Qlikview Server -> Security tab.

For more information check below link.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QMC_System_Setup_QlikViewSe...

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Kaushik,

I am using the NTFS security mode and in order to use DMS we need publisher license if i am not wrong.

I will try out the first option and will let you know if that is going to help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Viresh

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Viresh,

You dont need publisher for DMS mode.. All you need is an enterprise license.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

We are using SBE edition of Qlikview server. So can't change the authorization option.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Kaushik mentioned the two most important security modes that QlikView Server can use to restrict access to documents (and make them disappear in the AP). There is also a third one: Section Access.

Section Access can be used to control access to a document, and (optionally) reduce the data set a particular user is able to view & analyse. If you just use the access control facilities of Section Access, you can even make documents to  whom a user doesn't have access disappear from the AccessPoint. See QV Desktop->Settings->Document Properties->Server->Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access (bottom right option).