Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jekbauita
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is there any way to programmatically set Max Bubble Size in Scatter Chart?

I'm using QlikView 11.

In Scatter Charts I know the way to set the Max Bubble Size (Presentation Tab) or to set the bubble dimension (via the Z-axis dimension).

I can't find any way to set the Max Bubble Size programmatically. For example, when printing data on a map I want the max bubble size to increase when coming in or decrease when zooming out.

I seem to can't find a way to do so, but I don't know if I'm missing something or if it's not possible at all.

Thanks in advance for any help. scatter-chart.png

3 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I'm not sure if this will help:

sub SymbolSize

set v = ActiveDocument.Variables("vSymbolSize")

intSymbolSize = v.GetContent.String

set chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH66")

set p = chart.GetProperties

p.ChartProperties.SymbolSize = intSymbolSize 

chart.SetProperties p

end sub

jekbauita
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi m w and thanks for your reply.

I'm not very practical with subroutines, do you mind to be more specific about where should I write this code and how can I activate it? It would be very helpful for me.

I understand the logic of what you wrote and if you can point out some resource I'm sure to find a way to solve my problem. It would be fun to learn a new technique as well.

Thank you again.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

This is a vbscript macro.

You open the macro editor (Ctrl+M) and paste the script.

Then add an input box with a variable named vSymbolSize (to match the name in the code).

Finally you set an OnInput trigger on the variable with an action that runs the macro (SymbolSize)