Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator

Average formula

Hi,

i have the following data set, lot of order line with different date.

I would like to have the average of column 3, regardless the fact that there are several line.

Basically i would like to select January and February and get as AVERAGE , 3 (2+4/ 2 MONTH).

Which is the right formula to get this result?
Thank you!

Cattura.PNG

25 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

Sum(Distinct Measure)/Count(MonthField)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

no is not giving the right results

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please provide sample input and may be expected result also helpful. And which object you want to test?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

Find attached

with the selection January and February i should get 1,5 as allocated Instrument average.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

It showing section access, Will u remove that and reload() then share. Or provide credentials

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

i removed section access

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Seems, You forget to reload. TRy to reload and share

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

basically i would like to have the AVERAGE of the MONTH AVERAGE

app reloaded

for jan and february the results should be 2

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sorry - I can't help until unless you shared with out access. may be share sample inline table and result set?