Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjohnstonti618
Contributor III
Contributor III

Match date field selection to attributevalue values.

Lets say you have a field called Sale Year.  You pull it into an application as a normal transactional field, but you also pull it in via a crosstable.  So "Sale Year" is a value under "Attribute" field.  And "2015" is the value tied to "Attribute Value" field.

When I select "2015" for Sale Year in my global listbox, it filters all the normal fields correctly but it still includes attribute values of 2014, 2016, 2017, etc within the attribute list.  Obviously there is a linking issue with the crosstable data---just looking for general suggestions on how to approach cleaning this up and getting only 2015 dates to show when i display attribute values.

Some sort of code that says "If Sale Year selected = 2015, also select AttributeValue=2015" ?  Or something like that?

Does this even make sense what I am trying to do? 

3 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

How's your data model looks like? What is the script you using to pull this SaleYear?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Could be "Continuous" option got enabled from Axes tab.. Which object is this?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jjohnstonti618
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry everyone.  I think I am explaining this wrong, and i cant attach the application for confidentiality reasons. 

When dealing with crosstable data, (which is separated into 2 fields, Attribute Type and Attribute Type Value) , i cant "filter" on a specific Attribute value without it either automatically selecting every other related Attribute Value OR getting rid of the other Attribute Types i have checked/selected.

When i filter on the normal date field SALE YEAR, like in a listbox or multi-box, it behaves normally.  But if I try to click "2015" in my "Attribute Value" field, it does not filter by list of crosstable data for just the records where Attribute Value (Sale Year) = 2015

Ugh, this is a mess.

sorry for the confusion.