Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merry2018
Creator III
Creator III

Which Action start a Button

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a way, which I can with an action press a button, so that I pressing the first button and the second is activated as well. I want not to press the secound as well, it sould be done with a Action directly after the first one.

I searched for action type selection but found nothing to select a button, or what type do I have to search for it?

Thank you for your idea:

Simulating a button press can be done only with a macro.

rem ** press button BU01 **

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("BU01").Press

and marcowedel it is because I have to check which Button is aktive, and that should be pressed.

Now I have it, with the following it working:

sub PressButtonUmsatz

set wert = ActiveDocument.GetVariable("vWert_Menge") 

if wert.GetContent.String = "Menge" then

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("BU25").Press

else

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("BU03").Press

end if

end Sub

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The simplest method (and also one that doesn't get you into trouble when running a macro document on a server) is to define two buttons with the same action list from the original button1 but different additional action lists from the possible active buttons, and display only one of them at a time depending on the value of variable vWert_Menge. You can use a Properties->Layout->Conditional Show expression to do this.

IMHO you shouldn't make it too complex.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
splitcore
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi there!

Is there a reason you can't just add additional actions on the 1st button so it performs the actions of the 2nd button as well?

Regardless if you still wish to press the 2nd button with the 1st. The action to select on button 1 is Action Type: "External" and Action: "Run Macro". As per the above macro code just specify "PressButtonUmsatz" as the Macro name to execute with the button. The macro code should also be present in your qvw's "Edit Module" section.

Regards

merry2018
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The reason is that after the 1st button I have to check wich 2nd button have to be e, so maybe the BU25 or BU03, therefore I can't do the Actions from the 2nd one to the 1st one.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The simplest method (and also one that doesn't get you into trouble when running a macro document on a server) is to define two buttons with the same action list from the original button1 but different additional action lists from the possible active buttons, and display only one of them at a time depending on the value of variable vWert_Menge. You can use a Properties->Layout->Conditional Show expression to do this.

IMHO you shouldn't make it too complex.

merry2018
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for that idea!

Yes this I know already, because that Methode I use already for the second buttons.
In this dokument allready macros running, so that sould be not a Problem if there are one more.