Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riho92qv
Contributor III
Contributor III

How dynamically change picture in textbox backround

Hi

i have a dashbord for analyse purchasing articles. I have there some textboxis with article parameters, price, description etc.

These textboxes are visible, if selected is only one article (partnum). I would like to add another textbox  in which the image of this article is dynamically displayed. I have a  folder with pictures and a excel file, where are article numbers (partnumbers) and picture path and file names. I can add reading this excel file to script, but  i need a macros, which will load selected article picture to textbox bacround.

Do you have any suggestions on how to do this?

Riho

5 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Is this a qlik sense or a qlikview question?

If it's qlikview; use the bundle load ; please refer to this:

Loading Images into QlikView

If it's qlik sense: that's not possible.

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Macros don't work in Qlik Sense.  There is no macro editor in Qlik Sense.

Maybe you can search Qlik Branch for an extension.

Qlik Branch

riho92qv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

sorry, I forgot to really mention that I need it for Qlikview and it seems that there is a solution to my problem in this sample file: "Loading Images into QlikView.qvw".

I see only one problem, if I understand it correctly, then all the displayed images will be loaded to the QlikView file and if the number of images is large, then the qvw file will also large. If I had about 20 pictures, it is not problem, but  I have about 600 pictures or more. Therefore, I am looking for a method to download using a suitable macro only one picture at a time. So far, unfortunately, I have not found the appropriate macro or method.

Riho

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

This is a Qlik Sense discussion forum, for questions related to QlikView please post in the QlikView discussion forum. You would be more likely to get a correct response if you post in the right forum.

New to QlikView