Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to Microsoft SQL Server

Hello everyone, I am adding screenshot of what I have tried to pass while connection to Microsoft SQL server,but unable to connect as the "create" connection button is disabled. Please let me know how I can solve this problem.

1.PNG2.PNG

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be don't have permission. You can ask your admin to connect by there end instead developer?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
shilpan
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I agree with Anil. Please make sure that you have permission to create connections

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Kumar Sahu,

1. If you have the MS  SQL Server access the check with your credentials weather you have the access for that Server and the Database

Then you can try to work on QV/QS.

odbc.PNG.png

Use the ADO (OLE DB) connection string rather than ODBC.

Select OLE DB, then click Connect and choose "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Microsoft SQL Server" from the list.

ADO is faster and does not rely on a connection string being setup in control panel.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Rama, Shilpan, Anil thank you for your kid reply, I am using it on my localhost in my PC and the user I am logged in with is the admin of Microsoft SQL Server.

@Ram, Can you please let me know where I can get the window you have specified in Windows 10?

ramasaisaksoft

windows-->Administrative Tools-->ODBC Data Sources(64-bit)-->User DSN Tab-->ADD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am having this on my system there, can you please let me know, what I should do here?

ffbfg.JPG