Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview: Line Chart With Daily Values and Month as my visible dimension

I am trying to create a line chart that shows values for each day of the year, but I would like my axes to show the name description of the month.  I currently have the day within the year 1-365 assigned to each calendar day and the corresponding month within my calendar table.  Below you can see what I have gotten so far, but I would like to not show the 0-365 days as my dimension/label and instead on Day 1 show Jan, 32 show Feb and so on.

Another example would be I have hourly data for energy that I would like to show to see the spikes within a day, but the label would be day as I'm showing a week/month's worth of data points in the chart.

I'm not allowed to publish calculated dimensions at this time, though if it is my only option I will present and try for approval.

I'm currently working in QlikView 12 and thanks in advance for any help.

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Tough to explain, will you provide sample. One reason could continuous option may solve the problem

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm really sorry for the delay, I'm having trouble figuring out how to attach a file. I have an excel file with sample data and chart I can upload.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brandi,

You can attach files to Replies by clicking on "Use Advanced Editor" in the upper right corner.

Use Advanced Editor.jpg

Then, choose "Attach" from the lower right corner.

Attach File.jpg

I hope this helps!

Best,

Qlik Community Team

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just to clarify, you'll need to visit the actual thread in the community, rather than replying from your Inbox & Activity area of your profile. When viewing your Inbox, just click on the thread title to go to the actual thread:

Inbox Link.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I click reply I don't have the option of use advanced editor showing up in the right hand corner as your screen shot shows.  Is there a browser or version that I need to make sure I'm on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the delay, please find attached an excel file with some sample data and an example chart.  I don't need the months to repeat as they are in the attached file, but if that is the best we can get we will deal with it.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, sorry for the confusion on my part.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brandi,

Are you viewing the thread itself, or from the Inbox area? Here's a direct link to the thread: Qlikview: Line Chart With Daily Values and Month as my visible dimension