Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qliksense November 2017 - Excel as data source

Hi,

There is a proposed app which uses excel files as data source. The excel files are very large in size. Is this recommended? Can we support and maintain it in server without issues in future?

Is there any limit to the data volume when we use excel as source?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

This is when you attach the file to the app. If you have a normal connection to the data this limitation does not apply.

vizmind.eu

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hi! Loading large Excel files should not be an issue for Qlik Sense. I have used some Excel files larger than 300MB without any problems. However, this has negative impact on the load time and I would recommend that you store the data as QVD files (especially useful if you have historical data that does not change) and use them as source.

vizmind.eu
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks. So I guess you loaded the excels through data load editor (script) and not data manager (drag and drop), correct?

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

I used the script, but both ways should be possible.

vizmind.eu
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

In Qlik help, I read that The maximum total size of files attached to the app, including image files uploaded to the media library, is 200 MB.“

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

This is when you attach the file to the app. If you have a normal connection to the data this limitation does not apply.

vizmind.eu
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Ok.

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

If your question is answered, please mark it as such to close the topic.

vizmind.eu