Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afbraga1
Creator
Creator

Creating a table with headers and assign the different expressions to each column

Hello, I have been trying to create the table in the qvw attached (Table1) and use on each of the columns the correct expression. But I can't seem to do it the correct way. I have tried with 'If clauses' but that would be just bad for performance since this is just an example and the table would be bigger. I have also tried with valuelist (Table2 below) but valuelist makes all combinations between given values (eg: Water only has Quantity and not the rest of the metrics), and that's not what I want. What I am looking to do is something like the Table1 where I can assign the expression to each column. Can anyone help me get around this? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Here you are

Dimensions

Company

CostAnalysisH1

CostAnalysisH2

CostAnalysisH3

Expressions

Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH1),$(vCostAnalysisH1)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH2),$(vCostAnalysisH2)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),1),Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),2,3)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),4)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),5),Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),6,7))

)

Variables

=Concat({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}DISTINCT(chr(39)&CostAnalysisH1&chr(39)),',')

=Concat({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}DISTINCT(chr(39)&CostAnalysisH3&chr(39)),',')

=Concat({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}DISTINCT(chr(39)&CostAnalysisH3&chr(39)),',')

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is this you are expecting?

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello, thanks for looking into this. About your reply, that's not what I want. I want something like my Table 1. There I have all values as 1, because I can't seem to appropriately assign the expressions to the columns. For example, in my qvw, I have the metric #QtyActResin which is the value fall under Resin->Quantity->Actual. I tried to do this with IF:

IF(CostAnlysisH1='Resin' and CostAnalysisH2='Quantity' and CostAnalysisH3='Actual', sum(#QtyActResin), ....) and so on. But this will be terrible for performance because the table is very big. Been trying with pick(match()) but I'm not getting it right.

The Table 2, was an attempt to creating something like the Table1 but with valuelist() dimension, instead of the real dimensions, but didn't manage to do it either.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

The only difference i can think here is, Using set analysis to achieve and make better job.

Sum({<CostAnalysisH1 = {'Resin'}, CostAnalysisH2 = {'Quantity'}, CostAnalysisH3 = {'Actual'}>} #QtyActResin)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Tried your suggestion, but it ends putting 0 values for the other expression that is missing on each column.Capture.PNG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I just copied that expression in expression section. Due to we added only three filters so it showing as expected

Capture.PNG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

And What you shown image is correct, This calculates Row level only. So, What are you trying to add here?

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

What I want is something that ends up looking like this excel example.

The expression you provided while it works alone, when I start to add more expressions to fill the other columns

they will start to put 0 values on the other columns that they don't fit as my example in the previous post, and that is not what I want.

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

I think I might have done it with the valuelist() on my Table 2. But now I wanted to sort it like the Table 1. Any idea how I might achieve this, been trying but nothing is working.

sunny_talwar

Since you have already created the dimension in the script... why can't you use this?

Dimensions

Company

CostAnalysisH1

CostAnalysisH2

CostAnalysisH3

Expression

Pick(wildmatch(CostAnalysisH1,$(vCostAnalysisH1)),

Pick(wildmatch(CostAnalysisH2,$(vCostAnalysisH2)),

Pick(wildmatch(CostAnalysisH3,$(vCostAnalysisH3)),1),Pick(wildmatch(CostAnalysisH3,$(vCostAnalysisH3)),2,3)),

Pick(wildmatch(CostAnalysisH3,$(vCostAnalysisH3)),4)),

Pick(wildmatch(CostAnalysisH3,$(vCostAnalysisH3)),5),Pick(wildmatch(CostAnalysisH3,$(vCostAnalysisH3)),6,7))

)

Capture.PNG