Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manu1512
Creator
Creator

scenario based questions

Hi All,

I am new to qlikview , working in support project with lesser exposure.

In the interviews i always gets stuck to scenarios based questions.

Can any one please tell me how to improve these skills ?

I am really depressed after facing rejections

Regard

Adarsh

3 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Your can try to understand/practice more on your current support project script, data model design, front end dashboard layout & expression,business requirement document etc).

Once you clear with fundamental qlik concepts. best way try to  answer all qlikview/sense forum thread/others solutions then u can easily get more idea & confident. that would really help you on the scenario based questions.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Deva

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When I combine this post with the earlier one: Scenario question, it seems to me that you are having trouble with the analysis phase of a QlikView document design. If that is correct and we can suggest an approach that isn't necessarily related to your current job matter, then maybe this can help.

Questions like "Show me the number of customers that have this or that", or "How many invoice payments are overdue" or "What category of support calls is experiencing increasing resolution delays" are the required (by end-users) output of two aspects of BI: raw data and data processing. The first resides in a QlikView data model, the second in expressions and objects. If you cannot recall what specific questions you were asked to resolve, then you can train yourself in analysis techniques and technical implementations by first observing existing QlikView documents and the relevant information they try to present. Instead of starting with raw data and a set of requirements, you do the inverse: check the finished document and try to work out what questions were asked, how the answers are produced and what data was needed to get to these answers. In effect, you walk the normal development track in reverse (top-down). If you encounter some technique you don't understand or you cannot figure out, try to mess a bit with it and see what happens. Or search the community.

It is the experience of the majority of members of this community (myself included) that you learn the most by figuring out what someone else did to produce this great dashboard or that particular elegant visualisation. And QlikView is an ideal instrument to do this because it provides few obstacles that block access to the internals of a particular solution. .

A great example document that you could use for this analysis: Qlik Demos -  Sales Compass

(included with every QlikView installation, if I'm not mistaken). Watch the video and then download the QVW.

Good luck,

Peter

manu1512
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much peter for such a wonderful post