Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III

Access to the app is denied: NoAvailableAccessType

I am new to QlikSense Scalability tools and trying to create and run a simple load script scenario. But I am getting LicenseAccessDenied error.

This screenshot shows the connection string and other test parameters.

Capture.JPG

I have created rule to grant licenses to all users. See below screenshot.

Capture.JPG

When I start execution I see errors related to License denial.

Starting test towards Uri: wss://devqlikpxy1/

15:39:51 Workers:1 Errors:0 Warnings:0 Requests:0 Sessions:0

15:39:52 1-1  Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> One or more errors occurred. ---> LicenseAccessDenied [Fatal]: Access to the app is denied: NoAvailableAccessType

15:39:56 2-1  Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> LicenseAccessDenied [Fatal]: Access to the app is denied: NoAvailableAccessType

15:39:57 3-2  Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> LicenseAccessDenied [Fatal]: Access to the app is denied: NoAvailableAccessType

15:39:59 4-1  Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> LicenseAccessDenied [Fatal]: Access to the app is denied: NoAvailableAccessType

15:40:01 Workers:3 Errors:4 Warnings:0 Requests:9 Sessions:5

15:40:03 5-2  Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> LicenseAccessDenied [Fatal]: Access to the app is denied: NoAvailableAccessType

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

This means you've run out of logins for this user. Since you are using NTLM, I'm guessing the user you are running has been setup as user access type with one token. 1 token of user access type only allows for 5 access passes. The tool does not circumvent any token allocations. You can read about access passes here:*
Access passes ‒ Qlik Sense

View solution in original post

7 Replies
naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After few attempts (did not make any changes except below which are not relevant to the error getting on the screen) I see that some iterations have passed but after that again I got the same error.

Changes done in the script scenario editor

Reduced Iterations to 2

and Concurrent Users to 3

Capture.JPG

Attached is the log file take from results folder after running the tests.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

This means you've run out of logins for this user. Since you are using NTLM, I'm guessing the user you are running has been setup as user access type with one token. 1 token of user access type only allows for 5 access passes. The tool does not circumvent any token allocations. You can read about access passes here:*
Access passes ‒ Qlik Sense

naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Daniel. Can you suggest what is the work around?

I am planning to follow the below steps to avoid this issue.

1. Create a virtual proxy (header authentication) in QlikSense QMC
  2. Use the same header authentication in Connection Settings.
  3. Run the script for 5 to 10 users and run two iterations (each iteration will create new users)

I will try this today and see if it works.

naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried the following steps with header authentication but I am not able to connect to the QlikSense server from Scalability tool. Here are the steps/screenshots of the configuration I have done.

1. Added a new license rule that will allow access to any new users.

Capture.JPG

2. Created a new virtual proxy. See configuration in the below screenshot.

Capture.JPG

I configured it to user dynamic user directory and given a pattern to identify the users. I am not sure if this is the best practice. Can you tell me if I have to switch to the static user directory.

Also in our dev/QA environment, we have QlikSense services installed in 4 servers as below.

DEVQLIKCENTRAL <- Central management, engine, etc

DEVQLIKENG1 <- Engine Server

DEVQLIKSCHED1 <- Scheduler/Engine Server

DEVQLIKPXY1 <- Use this one to connect

I linked this proxy to DEVQLIKCENTRAL  and DEVQLIKPXY1. Do I have to link it to all servers?

3. Finally, the connection settings in scalability tool to match the virtual proxy settings in step 1.

Capture.JPG

4. When I click on App Structure -> Connect to App. I see the following error.

Capture.JPG

When I try with NTLM it works good without any issues but due to the limitation of 5 concurrent sessions per user, I can't use that method.

Can you find out where the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Some more observations. After running the script with the same configuration as above and prefix in Test Settings section as 'corp_test', it created this user in QlikSense. I see this user in QMC -> Users.Capture.JPG

Attached is the log file after execution. It basically shows a similar error -> NoAccessTypes etc.

naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

(Sorry for too many reply threads. )

I found that the license access rule I created doesn't allocate license automatically as it is configured to exactly match the name value  (=). I changed it to 'like' and now I see that this virtual user got license token allocated.

Capture.JPG

I've also added all four Qlik Servers in Associated Proxies. Now I am getting a different error when I run the test.

Starting test towards Uri: wss://devqlikpxy1/perf

22:32:34 Workers:1 Errors:0 Warnings:0 Requests:0 Sessions:0

22:32:41 1-1  Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> One or more errors occurred. ---> NoEngineAvailable [Fatal]:

Test Execution Finished.

WarningCount: 0

ErrorCount: 1

Finishing writing logs...

I am completely clue less whats happening here.

naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have checked the Nodes and Engines in QMC. Here are the screenshots.

Capture.JPG

Engines

Capture.JPG

I don't know why the DEVQLIKPXY1 has status disabled from last 3 weeks. Not sure if this is causing the problem because the users are getting the license tokens and also the error says No Engine Available.