cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView Server Failed (TimedOut)

Hi,

I have an issue with my QlikView server.

Users runs a dashborad on QMS - 1541d, after an hour the process fails with the following error.

2018-01-09 03:47:28) Error: QVClient.Execute failed: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005):

A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately ||

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer) ||

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(Byte[] request) ||

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(String request) ||

at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer.ExecuteXml(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Command)

(

2018-01-09 03:47:28) Error: QVClient.ExecuteWithAttachments failed. Exception=System.Exception:

The communication with QlikView Server failed (TimedOut)! ||

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageDataFromSocket(Byte[] buffer, Double timeout) ||

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageSizeFromSocket(Double timeout) ||

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.ExecuteWithAttachments(String request, Byte[][] attachments) ||

at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer.ExecuteWithAttachments(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Command, Byte[][] i_Attachments)

(

I have another server QVS - 1542d.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A few questions:

• Where does this snippet come from? (I'm assuming this comes from a TaskLog?)
  • What is the document doing when you say "users runs a dashborad on QMS"? BTW you cannot run a dashboard on the Management Service. You can reload it using the QDS or open and analyse it using the QVS.
  • Is there any other information available that documents your problem, besides the two lines your posted here?
  • What version(s) of QlikView are you running?
  • How does the other server come into this story? Are you running a single QVS installation on multiple platforms? Or multiple separately licensed QVS on multiple platforms?

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

The message comes from the log on the qlikview management console tool.

Link : http://xxxx1541d:xxxx/QMC/Default.htm

Actually, the qlikview qvw is found at D:\QlikShared\SourceDocuments\NEMO\Source Documents\User_Documents_PUBLISHER\NEMO_RPM\V5 on the server xxxx1541D and the publisher distributes the dashboard with data reduction, which is extracted from two excel files. The excel files contains all the data on the AD groups of users as well as their profile.And the job fails during the distribution stage.

1541D - Publisher Server (QMS)

1542D - QlikView Server (QVS)

I have also advised application team to break the file size to smaller chunks/pieces, which they did.

But the files are still way too big.

Thanks,

Michael

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Common causes for this problem:

• Distribution of exceptionally large documents
  • Massive Distribution lists.

So I am inclined to add two more questions to the above list, but maybe you can first provide some more answers. Especially question #4 needs an answer. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

QMS@1541d:

Product Information

===================

Product name                QMS Backend Core x64

Client Build Number       11.20.12904.0

Target Platform              x64

Thanks,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have an issue with my QlikView server.

Users runs a dashborad on QMS - 1541d, after an hour the process fails with the following error.

2018-01-09 03:47:28) Error: QVClient.Execute failed: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005):

A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately ||

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer) ||

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(String request) ||

at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer.ExecuteXml(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Command)

(

2018-01-09 03:47:28) Error: QVClient.ExecuteWithAttachments failed. Exception=System.Exception:

The communication with QlikView Server failed (TimedOut)! ||

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageDataFromSocket(Byte[] buffer, Double timeout) ||

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageSizeFromSocket(Double timeout) ||

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.ExecuteWithAttachments(String request, Byte[][] attachments) ||

at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer.ExecuteWithAttachments(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Command, Byte[][] i_Attachments)

(

Actually, the qlikview qvw is found at D:\QlikShared\SourceDocuments\NEMO\Source Documents\User_Documents_PUBLISHER\NEMO_RPM\V5

on the server xxxx1541D and the publisher distributes the dashboard with data reduction, which is extracted from two excel files.

The excel files contains all the data on the AD groups of users as well as their profile.And the job fails during the distribution stage.

1541D - Publisher Server (QMS)

1542D - QlikView Server (QVS)

QMS@1541d:

Product Information

===================

Product name                QMS Backend Core x64

Client Build Number       11.20.12904.0

Target Platform              x64

I have also advised application team to break the file size to smaller chunks/pieces, which they did.

But the files are still way too big.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael