Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using set analysis + aggregation

Hi all,

I'm trying to perform a function on a column, but only where certain conditions are met.

The example is a healthcare dataset -- I have ~100,000 unique patients, and I have ~700,000 unique encounters with those patients.

I've created a variable called "VISIT_ORDER," which is simply a ranking of the patients visit sequence.  I also have a variable which specifies the patient's dialysis status on the encounter level: whether the patient is not currently on dialysis, if they currently are on dialysis, or if they've never been on dialysis during the time window.

I'm trying to average a column with the first visit a patient has (my thought was minimizing VISIT_ORDER) after they've been on dialysis.  In my set analysis, I want to return the result of the row where VISIT_ORDER = the minimum VISIT_ORDER where DIALYSIS_DX_GROUPING = 'AFTER DIALYSIS', then to average COUNT_ADMITS_365 for those rows.

I think what I need to do is some variant of this below, but while what I have works for one patient (when I've been troubleshooting), I'm having issues:

=avg(

{<VISIT_ORDER = {"$(=aggr(min({<DIALYIS_DX_GROUPING = {'AFTER DIALYSIS'}>}VISIT_ORDER),PAT_ID))"}>}

COUNT_ADMITS_365)

The issue I'm having I believe is with the dollar-sign expansion, and also why the function appears to work with a single patient (PAT_ID is the unique patient identifier).

Any help would be appreciated; driving myself nuts over here.

Thanks!

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum(Aggr(If(VISIT_ORDER = Min({<DIALYIS_DX_GROUPING = {'AFTER DIALYSIS'}>} TOTAL <PAT_ID> VISIT_ORDER), 1, 0), PAT_ID, VISIT_ORDER))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

An advanced search is creating an hyper cube with VISIT_ORDER as dimension and

=avg({<VISIT_ORDER = {"=VISIT_ORDER = aggr(min({<DIALYIS_DX_GROUPING = {'AFTER DIALYSIS'}>}VISIT_ORDER),PAT_ID)"}>} COUNT_ADMITS_365)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
justinphamvn
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Stephen Koscumb,

Can you share with me samples data and result you want?

Thank you!

Justin

sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum(Aggr(If(VISIT_ORDER = Min({<DIALYIS_DX_GROUPING = {'AFTER DIALYSIS'}>} TOTAL <PAT_ID> VISIT_ORDER), 1, 0), PAT_ID, VISIT_ORDER))

koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This one was the closest to the answer -- for the record, this is what I needed:

=SUM(

Aggr(

If(VISIT_ORDER = Min({<DIALYIS_DX_GROUPING = {'AFTER DIALYSIS'}>} TOTAL <PAT_ID> VISIT_ORDER), COUNT_ADMITS_365, 0)

, PAT_ID, VISIT_ORDER))

Thanks to everyone!