Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasadreddy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Alerts not sending mails

Hi Team,

Can any one help on below issue?

I have to send email alerts to team when job failed in QMC.

I have given the below condition in alerts,

IF(ScriptErrorCount <> 0, True(), False())

But, when the condition is true, then it should send mail alerts, unfortunately not getting any mails.

But the below condition is working fine. IF(ScriptErrorCount = 0, True(), False())

Can any one help on this?

Thanks,

Prasad IP

3 Replies
BarbCline
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello!  I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever get mail alerts on failure working?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

There is not a lot of information provided yet to help in finding a resolution to this or to troubleshoot it.

You may want to start with looking to see if log files show any issues, and searching our knowledge database around them.

Overview of email notification and alerts in QlikView Server, Publisher and Desktop (kb 000006265) might help get you started.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

So the key to the Alerts is to note there are two different modes, Batch and Interactive, the latter is enabled by default, but Batch is not, and if Batch is not checked, when things are run via Publisher or the Reload Engine, the Alert will NOT trigger no matter what, as it is only set to Interactive...  That is my best hunch as to what is missing here given the information provided.  Per Sonja's comment, if you can provide further information, we can try to help further.

Here is Help link for Alert Wizard and all the settings, so you can check things there:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Alert_Wizard.htm

Oh, regarding the other post, which I believe is referring to Task Failure emails, there are two things that have to be configured there, the Mail Server must be properly configured in the QMC\Setup\Mail Server area, and depending upon whether you have Reload Engine or Publisher, you configure the email addresses for the failure emails in the QVS Performance tab settings in QMC for Reload Engine, and on the Alert E-mail tab of the Distribution Service/QDS settings in QMC if using Publisher.  

Here is the Help link for the Alert E-mail for Publisher:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_Distrib...

Here is a link to Mail Server Help:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_MailSer...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.