Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stickman
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView Developer & Designer Classes

Hello - I was hoping to get some feedback from people who have taken the Developer and Designer classes. What were some positives and some negatives? What would you have liked to know prior to attending the courses? Overall, what would you rank the courses out of 100%?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anthony_Ventura
Former Employee
Former Employee

As someone who took Designer and Developer as student, back in 2011, and who now teaches all of the QlikView and Qlik Sense courses, I can tell you that what was most mportant me, was to gain as much knowledge as possible before attending  both classes. So based on your question, What would you have liked to know prior to attending the courses”, I downloaded and went through , “The QlikView Tutorial”. That preparation allowed me to hit the ground running thus getting the most value out of the courses.

Here is link to The QlikView Tutorial.

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Content/Tutorial.htm

Best regards,

Tony

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anthony_Ventura
Former Employee
Former Employee

As someone who took Designer and Developer as student, back in 2011, and who now teaches all of the QlikView and Qlik Sense courses, I can tell you that what was most mportant me, was to gain as much knowledge as possible before attending  both classes. So based on your question, What would you have liked to know prior to attending the courses”, I downloaded and went through , “The QlikView Tutorial”. That preparation allowed me to hit the ground running thus getting the most value out of the courses.

Here is link to The QlikView Tutorial.

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Content/Tutorial.htm

Best regards,

Tony

Stickman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Tony for the reply - I went through the tutorial. 

I don't want to start a new thread so I'll ask here as it is still relevant. There is a book to purchase on Amazon called QlikView 11 for Developers by Barry Harmsen. Would this book be outdated since there is a QlikView 12 or would the information in that book be still relevant?

Anthony_Ventura
Former Employee
Former Employee

I purchased the book you mentioned years ago as part of my preparation for the QlikView Developer certification exam. The book is excellent and would certainly be relevant even as QlikView matures through differnet versions. I would recommend the book.

Best of success, Denis!

Tony

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Book is still relevant.

There are a lot of changes, but they are all underneath the skin of the beast. They rarely effect the content relevant for Designer and Developer.

May you live in interesting times!
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Funny to read that, Tony .

I jumped into the course unprepared and that turned out fine. Granted, I had a developer background and understanding very basic SQL did help a bit for the Developer training.

So you could just show up without any preparation, but I totally agree with Tony that the things he suggested will help you with getting more out of the training in the end. It results in the starting lessons not being completely new to you so you will learn / remember more from the later lessons. Plus you might already have some questions; always good .

May you live in interesting times!
Anthony_Ventura
Former Employee
Former Employee

One item that you cannot prepare for is the incredible sharing of knowledge from all class participants. The networking and questions from the class participants will greatly enhance your knowledge regardless of any prior preparation.

Tony