Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Incorrect Partial Sum on Pivot Table

Partial sum are incorrectly displayed on the pivot table. Can anyone spot the mistake I've made?

Here are two expressions that I have the problem:

SUM({$<Έτος={$(=Max(Έτος))}>}[Πίστωση Γραμμής Λογιστικού Άρθρου])

SUM({[Group 1]<Έτος=$::Έτος,Τρίμηνο=$::Τρίμηνο,Μήνας=$::Μήνας>}[Πίστωση Γραμμής Λογιστικού Άρθρου])

7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Thodoris, can you post a sample or at least an image that shows the issue?

Not applicable
Author

The correct sum is 499,75

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

It seems you missed a double Quotes

SUM({$<Έτος={"$(=Max(Έτος))"}>}[Πίστωση Γραμμής Λογιστικού Άρθρου])

Please share a screenshot or a sample qvw which will help us help you fast and better.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
rubenmarin

Hi Thodoris, this behaviour can be caused if one amount record is painted in two different dimension values.

Just a guess but seems that the rows with ID_KINH... "0FFA6D8..." and "CDADF4..." (both with an amount of 4,03) are really the same record.

Can you confirm this?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi Thodoris

Are you changing the default format of 2017 column in the numbers tab by any chance? Sometimes i have noticed if you set them not to show decimal this kind of thing can happen.

If you are doing so can you please make the number format expression default to show decimal and we can be sure that it is not causing the issue.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
aivislau
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I've had similar problem and found out that qw does not sum equal values (4,03 in your case) by "show partial sums" if there are other dimensions where those values cannot be distinguished between (empty cells or the same data for both values). Add the the data for any other dimension to differ those two values and your totals will be fine. At least I managed the situation that way.

manjunaths
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Aivislau,

Can you explain something more about this issue.