Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading from other qv server without saving to current one

Hi guys,

We are running into some data privacy-related issues with QlikView. The situation is as follows:

We have two similar datasets (identical in structure), one on a server in the US and on a server in the EU. For legal reasons we are not allowed to store EU data in the US and vice versa. However, our client does want to be able to view the two datasets together in one dashboard.

Is there a possibility for US users to, e.g., load the EU data completely in-memory upon opening a US dashboard on the qv server and then dropping it when the dashboard is closed? (Obviously also vice versa)

Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Koen

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about if you put the merged QVW on the EU server and have the US users access it from the EU Access Point?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Same story that way around; US data can, unfortunately, also not be stored in the EU.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Qlik Sense -- not QlikView -- has the concept of "Session apps" where data is not persisted to disk, it only exists in memory.  If you were willing to consider Sense there may be a solution there.  I would also reach out to your Qlik account team as this is likely to be a common problem. Perhaps someone in Qlik has addressed it.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As an alternative, you could consider hosting QlikView stored documents in the cloud in a neutral country. AWS for instance has 5 or 6 locations in SE Asia, one in Canada etc. I'm not sure whether this is allowed as an escape route but at least you're not hosting any US data in the EU and vice versa anymore.

Your best option is like Rob stated to contact Qlik or your Qlik Partner. I can't believe that they never encountered this customer situation before, so they must be able to devise/propose a solution that is acceptable to you and your client.

Good luck!