Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

September 2017: qlik.getAppList() triggers "connection lost"

Hello Community,

I'm having a small issue after upgrading from June 2017 Patch 2 to September 2017 Release.

After calling qlik.getAppList()-function a message box telling me "connection lost" is displayed (message is in german):

session.png

I used the following code to trigger this error (note that you can work around it by using app.global.getAppList()😞

var currentApp = qlik.openApp('f057c3a3-ed0f-411c-ba70-4b986175cef1', config);

// this is working just fine

currentApp.global.getAppList(function(apps) {

// comment out the next line to prevent the error message

qlik.getAppList(function(a) { });

});

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Mathias

4 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Have you tried qlik.getAppList(function(a){}, config) ?? I think the APIs might try to figure out server etc from your URL if you do not provide a config. That might work, but in many cases not.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Erik,

Unfortunately I'm still getting the error message after adding config as a parameter. This seems like a bug to me so I guess I'm going to report it.

Just wanted to check if anyone else experiences this.

Thanks for your help,

Mathias

Rey
Employee
Employee

I'm having this exact issue with an extension at the moment. Same problem, the connection lost message. Did you happen to resolve or work around this issue?

m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello Rene,

I just checked and this error is still present in November 2017 Patch 1. The workaround is to call the getAppList()-method on the global instance: qlik.getGlobal().getAppList(callback).

So you probably need to modify the extension, maybe override the qlik.getAppList() -function like:

require(['js/qlik' ], function(qlik){

qlik.getAppList = function(callback){

return qlik.getGlobal().getAppList(callback);

}

// working now

qlik.getAppList(function(apps){

console.log(apps);

})

});

or just replace every qlik.getAppList with qlik.getGlobal().getAppList.

Mathias