Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yusenlogistics
Contributor II
Contributor II

Difference between Client Version & Server version

Hello,

I have some issue with the application between Client & Server concerning the presentation.

The Qv Application has a good presentation when I work with the Client but when I deploy it on the server the element are not on the same place (for example some graph are on the table...)

Do you know why I have this kind of issue and how I can resolve it?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Stéphanie

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're probably using the regular Windows Application client interface in QV Desktop, and the AJAX interface when visiting documents in the AccessPoint.

In QV Desktop, you can simulate the look of your document as it would be displayed by the QlikView Server. Open your document and switch to WebView by clicking the last button in the Design toolbar.

It is a best practice to perform this check each time before you deploy your documents, as it helps you to avoid font anomalies, alignment and spacing errors and other weird effects that are due to differences between the clients.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

BTW there is also a method to display your documents in the AccessPoint just the way they look in QV Desktop. But for that, every AP visitor needs to install the QlikView plugin for Internet Explorer and refrain from using any other browser (the plugin only works in Internet Explorer). It think the other method is better.

yusenlogistics
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I will use this functionnality.

Have a good day,

Stéphanie