Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Memory issue when section access is applied

Hi experts,

When I apply a section access on a dashboard and then reopen it with desktop client, the memory usage grows horribly that I cannot even open the dashboard.

2017-09-21_121722.png

What happens?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I create a new dashboard and copy everything to the new dashboard.

Nothing changes, but it works now.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Perhaps, the section access is not being properly managed, I would guess somehow it is causing to create synthetic keys. Could you share your script snippet?

Not applicable
Author

However I can open the file when section access is not applied.

Everything including data model is the same.

Therefore I do not think it is caused by synthetic keys.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If SA is properly applied, there would not be any synthetic keys. However, if there is any mistake and SA table is treated like in a section application, it could.

marcus_sommer

Just comment the section access; statement out but load this table and than take a look within the tableviewer if there are any synthetic keys or circular references and also how many records are included (maybe with the debugger to limit the number of records).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I comment the section access; statement, disable the section access, reload the dashboard and then open the table viewer.

The dashboard do not have synthetic keys and circular references.

The largest table (which is the fact table in star schema) has 18 millions records.

Not applicable
Author

I comment the section access; statement, disable the section access, reload the dashboard and then open the table viewer.

The dashboard do not have synthetic keys and circular references.

marcus_sommer

It sounds quite strange - even with some issues within the datamodel should a star-scheme model with 18 M records not consume so much RAM. Please provide a screenshot of the table-viewer and which of the tables is the section access table.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I create a new dashboard and copy everything to the new dashboard.

Nothing changes, but it works now.