Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

need to extract variable value for a particular date

I have an dimension called Last8WeeksReferencedateOpened.

I have variable value $(vAging_Incidents_weekly)  that is displayed along the Y axis as expression.

For the max date I need to extract the value and display it in a text box.i.e. for 9/18/2017 I need to display in a text box value of 12.14

I have used formula of max(Last8WeeksReferencedateOpened) with only function but its not working..Can anybody please suggest?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

How is your variable defined? If there is any aggregation function like sum(), you might have to use aggr() too. Could you post your sample qvw?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

FirstSortedValue($(vAging_Incidents_weekly) ,- Last8WeeksReferencedateOpened)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is that Last8WeeksReferencedateOpened is the field? Will you able to provide sample?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I used firstsortedvalue and it shows blank value.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

How is your variable defined? If there is any aggregation function like sum(), you might have to use aggr() too. Could you post your sample qvw?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have attached my file. Please go to Sheet3.

In the script please refer to Reference Date for o/s and Aging for the field Last8WeeksReferencedateOpened .

Variable value is present in text file

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I don't see any qvw file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I used the aggr function and it worked. thanks for your suggestion it did help

=only({<Last8WeeksReferencedateOpened = {"$(=max(Last8WeeksReferencedateOpened))"}>}Aggr($(vAging_Incidents_weekly),Last8WeeksReferencedateOpened))