Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markp201
Creator III
Creator III

Same grain with some common dimensions

See below.

We concatenated two facts because they have a common primary key (%FactKey)

In order to concatenate do all the dimensions have to be common?

Do all measures have to be common between the fact tables?

We're only get rows for dimension2 but is there a way to dimension1 rows?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Mark,

I know nothing about your data so take this with some healthy skepticism. Did your original fact tables share common values of %FactKey? Were the fact fields in one table different from the fact fields in the other? If the answer to both of these answers is yes then that would suggest the your new fact table should be created from a join of the original tables rather than concatenation.

Good luck

Andrew

View solution in original post

2 Replies
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Mark,

I know nothing about your data so take this with some healthy skepticism. Did your original fact tables share common values of %FactKey? Were the fact fields in one table different from the fact fields in the other? If the answer to both of these answers is yes then that would suggest the your new fact table should be created from a join of the original tables rather than concatenation.

Good luck

Andrew

markp201
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the reply but now the ba is asking for the other side of the coin.  They're asking for measures from fact table 1 be appended to fact table 2 where the conforming dimension key matches.  it doesn't seem like this is wise because any aggregation will be skewed.  I'll try to add a visual later.