Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using set analysis without selection

Hi All,

I've been trying to resolve this all day. I've looked at the boards, but was unable to find the answer i needed.

Hopefully someone can help me.

In the expression below I would like to always to show the current month (fMonth) regardless whether it's selected or not

I'm using a fiscal calendar so i'm not sure if that makes a difference.

aggr(Sum({<fYear={$(=Only(fYear))},fMonth={$(=max(fMonth))},Salesman=$::Salesman>}PartsAmt)+

sum({<fYear={$(=Only(fYear))},fMonth={$(=max(fMonth))},Salesman=$::Salesman>}EqupAmt) +

sum({<fYear={$(=Only(fYear))},fMonth={$(=max(fMonth))},Salesman=$::Salesman>}LaborAmt),Day) /                               COUNT(DISTINCT(InvoiceNumber))

Thank you in advance

7 Replies
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

try that:

aggr(Sum({<fYear={$(=Only(fYear))},fMonth= {$(=Month(Today()))},Salesman=$::Salesman>}PartsAmt)+

sum({<fYear={$(=Only(fYear))},fMonth= {$(=Month(Today()))},Salesman=$::Salesman>}EqupAmt) +

sum({<fYear={$(=Only(fYear))},fMonth= {$(=Month(Today()))},Salesman=$::Salesman>}LaborAmt),Day) /                               COUNT(DISTINCT(InvoiceNumber))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

First possible issue: Only(fYear) will only return a value if there is only one year possible. If nothing is selected, are there more than one year possible? If yes and to be on the safe side in any case, use Max(fYear) also for fYear modifier.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Second possible issue (like Frank also noticed): The max possible fMonth value might not be available in the max fYear.

Like for this year, max month could be June, while December might be a possible value for last year.

It's better to use set modifier on the needed granularity, i.e. Month-Year field, and clear selections in all other fields that might interfere (or use set identifier 1).

jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried Franks suggesting and now i'm not showing any data. The original code worked as long as I selected a month from the list under fMonth. How can I force the month without selecting it is this possible?

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

how does the values of your fmonth field look like?

can you upload your qvw (scrambled)?

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

attached sample might be helpful:

=Sum({1}aggr(Sum({1<fyear={'$(=Year(Today()))'},fmonth={'$(=Month(Today()))'}>}PartsAmt) +

Sum({1<fyear={'$(=Year(Today()))'},fmonth={'$(=Month(Today()))'}>}EqupAmt) +

Sum({1<fyear={'$(=Year(Today()))'},fmonth={'$(=Month(Today()))'}>}LaborAmt) ,Day))/

count({1}DISTINCT(InvoiceNumber))